This classic, center hall Colonial sits on a manicured acre on sought after River Lane in Old Hill. An ideal location, just 1 mile to Main Street, 2.5 miles to train and highway and a short walk to the new YMCA. The many updates added over the last 5 years have been completed with sophistication and style. Open floor plan is just perfect for entertaining! The bright Eat-In Kitchen, with its stunning Calcutta marble countertops, brand new Sub Zero refrigerator and Bosch dishwasher, opens into the welcoming Family Room with its new gas fireplace...a warm, comfortable and inviting space that looks out across the backyard. Grand entrance with soaring foyer, 10ft+ ceilings throughout, new wainscoting and Mud Room with custom built-ins. Library with fine millwork, tranquil Master Bedroom Suite, climate controlled Wine Cellar, swank In-Law Suite/5th Bedroom with en-suite Full Bath, huge finished Lower Level with Playroom and Home Gym. Beautiful architectural detailing throughout: crown moldings, millwork, built-ins, French doors, dark hardwood floors and Sonos sound system. Luxurious backyard oasis with Saltwater Pool & Spa, large outdoor Fireplace and Stone Patio. Fully fenced yard and dedicated & locking pool fence. 3 Car Garage. Westport’s award winning schools!
What we love.
The oasis that is my backyard, i.e. outdoor fireplace on the stone patio, surround sound exterior Sonos system, kids play-set, saltwater pool/spa and just enough of a hill for sledding. We also enjoy going on nature walks through Mahackeno (at the end of my street) this saved me when I was walking my first baby. Plus, we can walk to the YMCA. We are 10 mins drive to compo beach, 5mins to town, restaurants, shops or Whole Foods. And for commuters, we are a straight shot (5mins) down rt 33 to the train without having to deal with the bridge traffic. Lastly, I love that we are the best little micro-community here on River Lane. River/Rices dead-end into each other and we have an amazing group of young families, nine families 20 kids between us, age 1-12yrs old. Everyone is so supportive and fun, we gather almost weekly (esp in warmer months) for bbqs, pool parties, happy hours, block parties, trick or treating etc.
Updates and Improvements (for full list with costs see Documents tab)
• April 2013 built stone patio & outdoor fireplace, bluecap wall and step into house (E-Stonework)
• May 2012 Converted to Salt Water Swimming Pool (Mayan Pools)
• March 2015 Installed stereo SONOS sound system, indoors and outside
(Smart Home of Milford)
• Nov 2016 Gas Fireplace Conversion (EnerG Tech, Stratford)
• May 2013 Painted Exterior, minor carpentry, trim and stain
• Oct 2013 Upgraded new refrigeration system in wine room (Air Serve SW CT)
• Aug 2013 New Calcutta Marble Counters in Kitchen
• Dec 2016 New Sub Zero Refrigerator (Aitoro Norwalk)
• March 2013 Three New Garage Doors (Amarr)
• May 2014 New Awning over Stone Patio
• May 2015 New Stainless Dishwasher
• Sept 2012 CT Basement Systems upgraded to SaniDry air treatment
System and added a second sump pump by Bilco door in Gym
• May 2011 Refinished Hardwood Floors in dark stain (Fairfield Hardwood)
• Security camera installed above front door (Cavett Security)
• Aug 2011 Cleaned and Sanitized Air Ducts
• Sept 2014 New Bilco Door to Basement EnerG Tech
• Sept 2016 Septic Pumped (Wind River Environmental)
• Nov 2016 Swingset Installed – Great Outdoor Toy Co.
• Nov 2016 Landscape wall around toy set